Dental Insurance for individuals and families with Optional Vision Benefits. Covers routine exams, cleanings and X-rays with no waiting periods. Basic procedures include services such as fillings and non-surgical extractions, plus Major services such as root canals, crowns and more.
- Four plan designs including network and non-network options
- Choose from over 181,000 dentist in the UnitedHealthcare® Networks
- Benefits for Preventative, Basic & Major services
- Optional Vision Insurance benefits rider - network Co-pays
- No age limit requirements
- Search for providers in the UnitedHealthcare network
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to taking the hassle out of dental insurance. When using a in-network dentist, you wont need to submit a claim form. UnitedHealthcare will pay in-network dentists directly.
UnitedHealthcare Dental Insurance Plan Details
Waiting periods apply to Basic and Major procedures. Waiting periods may vary by state. When running a quote, the plan specifics will be shown.
- Preventative - Exams, X-rays, Cleanings and more - Not Waiting Periods
- Basic - Fillings, Simple Extractions, General and Local Anesthesia and more - 6 Month Waiting Period
- Major - Root Canals, Crowns, Bridges, Oral Surgery and more - 12 Month Waiting Period
Note: This is only a general outline of the coverage. It is not an insurance contract, nor part of the insurance policy. You will find complete coverage details in the policy.
- Oral evaluations - limited to 2 per calendar year
- Routine cleanings - limited to 2 per calendar year
- Fluoride treatments - limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years. limited to 2 times per calendar year
- X-ray (bitewing) - limited to 1 series per calendar year
- X-rays (full mouth panoramic) - limited to 1 per 36 months
- Space maintainers - limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years, once per 60 months. Benefit includes all adjustments within 6 months of installation
- Sealants - Limited to covered persons under the age of 16 years and once per first and second permanent molar every 36 months
- Fillings (amalgam and composite)
- Simple nonsurgical extractions - limited to 1 per tooth per lifetime
- General anesthesia - in conjunction with oral surgery or the removal of 7 or more teeth
- Local anesthesia
- Palliative treatment - only if no other services other than exam and radiographs were done on the same tooth during the visit
- Root canals - limit 1 per tooth, per 60 months
- Gum disease treatment
- Crowns - limit 1 per tooth, per 60 months
- Surgical extractions
- Full dentures - limited to 1 per 60 months
- Bridges - limited to 1 per 60 months
- Repairs to crowns, dentures and bridges
- Oral surgery
- Inlays/onlays - limit 1 per tooth per 60 months
You can choose between 4 plans* which include network and non-network options
Preventative services are available as soon as the policy becomes active. Basic and major services are available once you reach the waiting period.
* Plan options vary by state. Refer to the brochure when running a quote and your policy.
UnitedHealthcare dental coverage begins the first of the month following the date you apply.
- A vision insurance option is available in most states
- There is No Waiting for preventative, services.
- There are no age limits.
- You can cancel your dental insurance at any time.
- You may go to the provider of your choice; however, you will only receive a discount by going to a participating provider. You can also change providers at any time, just make sure you use a participating provider..